Saturday 14 March 2015

The Most Delicious Banana Bread Ever.


Of all the recipes on this site, this one is probably the one that I have personally made the most. It's been tested, tweaked, re-cooked again and again and again and I can very much confirm that it's a foolproof recipe. Why have I made it so much? Well, I like bananas. And when I say I like bananas, I really mean that I take it upon myself to put banana in everything and anything I can because banana is delicious. By default then, banana bread, which is so banana-filled that it even has banana in its name, its an all time fav. In actual fact, if banana bread is not your all-time fav then you're depriving yourself and I'd recommend making it your favourite because it is so good. In the words of Little Britain's Marjorie Dawes, facilitator of Fat Fighters, I love the cake! But more specifically, the banana cake/bread.

I literally dream about this banana bread - it is that damn TASTY. Alone, it's phenomenally delicious, though if you're feeling fancy, I also suggest serving it with some vegan butter, or if you're feeling particularly extra, some coconut yoghurt and stewed berries (the second of those options being one of my favourite breakfasts)! Take it to an afternoon tea to wow all your friends, make it on a lazy Sunday afternoon and keep it all to yourself - whatever you choose to do, if it involves this banana bread, I can guarantee that it'll be one very delicious time!!!




Ingredients;
(makes 1 loaf - I dare you to try make that last more than a day...)

1 3/4 cups self raising flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 chia 'egg' (1 tbsp chia seeds soaked in 3 tbsp water for 5 minutes)
3 tbsp rice malt syrup/date paste (either option works well!)
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
3 very ripe bananas
1/3 cup plant milk (I used oat)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

(optional add in - 1/2 cup chopped medjool dates)

1. Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
3. In a small bowl, mix the coconut sugar with the chia egg, rice malt syrup/date paste and vanilla  until well combined. Add this wet mixture to the bowl with the flour.
4. In the now empty small bowl, peel the bananas. Use a fork to mash the bananas really well, and then add the banana to the bowl with the other ingredients, along with the plant milk and chopped walnuts (and dates). Mix everything really well, making sure that the mixture is fully combined.
5. Take a loaf tin and line it with baking paper (parchment). Use a spatula to pour the banana mixture into the tin and smooth it over, making sure that the corners are filled and evenly spread. (I used half a banana as decoration on the top of mine, walnuts and shredded coconut also work well)
6. Bake for 60 minutes, although keep an eye out that it doesn't burn. If you insert a skewer into the bread, it should come out clean when the bread is cooked.
7. Allow to cool down, then serve! Store in an airtight container.





1 comment:

  1. I haven’t been able to get my mind off of this banana bread since I first saw them. I need some for breakfast ;)

    Riyanna
    Believe it, Landscaping Olympia WA information

    ReplyDelete