Sunday 27 January 2019

Orange and Vanilla Chia Pudding.


The first chia pudding I ever had was one that I got from the supermarket, pre-made and quite honestly, I hated it. I have not even one fifth of a positive word to say about that particular chia pudding. But, moving swiftly onwards, and in keeping with my life philosophy that people and things are often deserving of second chances, I decided that I'd brave trying a chia pudding again, albeit of the homemade variety.

Long story short, it was a second chance very well given because chia puddings are now one of my favourite breakfasts! They're quick and easy to make, can be customised to suit whatever particular flavours take your fancy on any given day and most beautifully, can be made the night before and grabbed when you're in a hurry the following morning! Breakfast prep for the win!!!

So, what makes this particular chia pudding so good? Well, as I learnt the hard way, not all chia puddings are necessarily tasty, which typically has a lot to do with the kind of plant milk you use to make them! The best is longlife coconut milk, which is what I've used here. That's because coconut milk itself has quite a strong flavour and you really need that to make your chia pudding actually taste like something (chia seeds themselves are rather tasteless in my opinion). Add in some vanilla (MY FAV!) and fresh orange juice and you've got a flavour combo that simply cannot be beaten. These flavours perfectly compliment each other for the best summertime breakfast!

I must say, I'm quite glad that I decided to give chia pudding a second chance because this is one incredibly delicious breakfast and definitely a go-to in my house. In actual fact, I have another one in the fridge right now for my breakfast in the morning! It also goes to show that sometimes (almost always!) homemade versions of things are infinitely better!





Ingredients;
(N.B. makes 2 serves)

3 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 orange, juiced
1 tsp vanilla bean paste

1. This is an exceptionally complex recipe. Basically what you need to do is get a bowl or jar of some kind, put all the ingredients in, mix well, put in the fridge overnight and voila! The following morning simply stir through again and serve topped with some coconut yoghurt, fresh berries, granola - basically whatever takes your fancy! So easy, so tasty and so nutritious! The best kind of food right?!



No comments:

Post a Comment