Sunday 24 March 2019

Blackberry and Banana Protein Smoothie.


I'm not particularly great at making something, photographing it and then quickly get it up on this blog. In actual fact, I have an enormous backlog of pictures sitting on my computer waiting to be typed up into a recipe and uploaded here. Today however, I'm going to break my procrastinating ways and get this recipe out onto the interwebs because it's so insanely quick to make, ridiculously easy, tastes amazing and I kind really love the pictures I managed to take earlier today.

It's been a while since I shared a smoothie recipe because I kinda felt like a bit of a cheat calling a smoothie a 'recipe'. Like, let's be honest, putting a handful of very simple ingredients in a blender isn't precisely what you'd call cooking, and I kinda assumed people sorta just freestyled it like I do when it comes to smoothie making. However, smoothie combinations and measurements, so basically recipes, is something I frequently get asked about on Instagram and from my friends in real life too. So, I guess you guys do want to see more of these quick and easy recipes that only have a few ingredients. I aim to please, so here you go!!!

The secret and highly underrated ingredient in this smoothie is hemp seeds. Once a super alternative, hard-to-find health food, these days you can get hemp seeds in mainstream supermarkets! They're absolutely loaded with protein so I've been trying to incorporate them into my diet more (vegan protein gains amiright?!). They don't have a strong flavour, which I love and they're super easy to chunk into a blender along with some fruit and plant milk, which will take a regular tasty smoothie to a protein loaded tasty smoothie perfect to start you day with!




Ingredients;

2 frozen bananas
1 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp hemp seeds

1. Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix on high speed until they're thick and deliciously smooth! I use a blender with a tamper stick, which I would 100% recommend, but if you don't have one, just scrape the sides down a few times and make sure that the banana is fully blended and there aren't any unwanted banana chunks!
2. Serve immediately, topped off with a sprinkle of hemp seeds. Enjoy!



This post was created using product kindly gifted to me by Califia Farms, however my opinions, words and this recipe are, as always, proudly my own!


No comments:

Post a Comment